Birds & Beans
The Good Coffee
About: Birds & Beans only sells coffee meeting the demanding, independent certification of The Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center. Smithsonian’s Bird Friendly ® seal is by far the most rigorous bird conservation inspection. Bird Friendly coffee from Birds & Beans comes from the best managed family farms in Latin America – certified organic and rustic canopy shade grown. Farms where passion for great coffee and respect for environment are ways of life. Strong scientific evidence proves that farms with the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center’s certification make a major difference for birds by preserving tropical habitat at a time when so many forests are under attack and industrial, mono-culture sun coffee farming is expanding. Most of the coffee sold in America today is literally killing the songbirds we love – and destroying a sustainable method of farming that supports rural communities in Latin America and keeps farm workers and their children away from toxic chemicals.
I love drinking coffee throughout the day. It just makes me feel good all over. Drinking coffee is much more enjoyable when I know it has been kind and responsible to people, the earth and critters on it’s way to my coffee mug. All of these things are interconnected, so it does make sense to pay attention to the details.
With Birds & Beans Coffee, I know I’m supporting a company that has these same values. All of their coffees are:
- USDA Certified Organic
- SMBC Bird Friendly®
- Fair Trade
- Shade Grown
The coffee tastes great and I enjoy it even more knowing about their commitment to the earth and all of us who live here.
There are 4 types of Birds & Beans Coffee depending upon what type of taste you prefer. Each one is named after a different bird.
My first choice is always a bold, strong coffee, so I was happy to try out Scarlet Tanager French Roast. The aroma is fantastic! I like to soak in the lovely scent even before I brew it.
The dark roast coffee has an intense flavor that is also smooth. For me, this is what coffee drinking is all about. Scarlet Tanager French Roast is a satisfying treat!
HOW TO CONNECT - You can like them on Facebook.
PRIZE - Scarlet Tanager Coffee – 2 pound bag – ARV $21
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do main entry first – post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at a giveaway that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like them on Facebook
* Enter the Tatutina bookend set giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends March 3, 2012 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.