Recipes for Life
by Linda Evans
Pub. date 10/11/11
Description: In Recipes for Life, Linda opens up her heart, her past, and her kitchen. She shares a revealing assortment of anecdotes (magical moments mised with painful ones), photographs, and recipes enjoyed by Linda and those near and dear to her. Linda touches upon growing up, family ties, her incredible life in Hollywood, the friends she has made, and provides an intimate glimpse into her high-profile romances. At the heart of this memorable, touching, and inspiring story is how all of these ingredients have come together to make Linda the woman she is today.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It’s a combination of a memoir and a cookbook.
Linda Evans has spent decades in the public eye. She has skillfully remained classy and poised in an environment where many crack under the pressure. She’s had her ups and downs just like anyone and seems like a truly warm woman.
The recipes flow right along with the text of her story. Cooking and enjoying food with friends and family are a part of her life, so it all fits together.
Many of the recipes are simple and use ingredients that I regularly have on hand. There are comfort foods that are easy to prepare for a family meal or for guests.
Here are a few that I plan to try:
- Peach Heaven
- Warm Butternut Sqaush Salad
- Duke’s Crab Dip
- Dynasty Corn Pudding
- Chocolate Souffle Pudding
You’ll recognize many familiar names throughout the book and the recipes. There are color photos throughout the book that go along with her stories.
Recipes for life is a fun book for fans and people who like to cook!
HOW TO CONNECT - You can like Linda Evans on Facebook.
WHERE TO BUY – Recipes for Life is available at a discount on Amazon.
PRIZE - Recipes for Life - 3 Winners – ARV $26
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice! ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like Linda Evans on Facebook
* Enter the Fallen giveaway (ends 10/24)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends October 24, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by sponsor.