I had no idea that a product like this existed. Now that I do, this is my new must have! Even if I did know how to change a tire (which I don’t), I would much rather use the Slime Flat Tire Repair Kit.
The simple kit includes everything I need to inflate and repair a flat or a leak. It comes with simple instructions and there are technical details and answers to questions on their website.
I haven’t had a flat tire to try this out on … yet. But I’ve read through the instructions and it definitely looks like a non-mechanic like me can handle using it. There are 4 simple steps and they even include picture diagrams.
- Remove valve core
- Inject Slime
- Replace valve core
- Inflate tire with compressor
This kit can be used to repair a tire quickly without the hassle of changing your tire or calling a tow truck. And I would much rather drive on a slimed tire than on a small spare that leaves my car unbalanced and feeling unsafe.
Slime is water soluble, non-toxic, non-flammable and non-hazardous. It can continue working for 2 years or it can be cleaned out so that a permanent traditional patch/plug can be applied.
The kit makes a great gift and is easy to store in a trunk or glove box. You can purchase additional slime separately, if you need more. And the 12 volt air compressor will come in handy for other household uses. It even comes with an adapter so you can use it to fill up balls or other play equipment.
WHERE TO BUY – Slime products are available at retailers including Walmart, Home Depot, Meijers and more.
PRIZE – Slime would like to give a Smart Repair Kit to **5** of you (ARV $20)
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like Slime on Facebook
* Follow Slime on Twitter
* Enter the Cape Clogs giveaway (ends 6/17)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends June 19, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by sponsor.