Eat Your Math Homework
Recipes for Hungry Minds
Written by Ann McCallum
Illustrated by Leeza Hernandez
Pub. date 7/1/11
Description: It’s after school. It’s a beautiful day, but you’re stuck inside with a bulging backpack full of homework. There’s no escape…. Or is there? Could homework ever be actually fun? Especially math homework?
Yup, with this book it is! I mean, who could resist whipping up a batch of tessellating brownies? Or, divvying up seconds of Variable Pizza Pie? Introducing a tasty new way to meet your daily requirement for fractions, probability, and other math must-haves. This more-than-a-cookbook includes recipes along with fun math activities.
This book is so much fun!
Cooking and using recipes does involve math, but this book takes it a step further and really integrates math lessons into each recipe. There are basic math concepts and others that are more complex.
Here are a few of the recipes:
- Fraction Chips
- Probability Trail Mix
- Tessellating Two-Color Brownies
- Variable Pizza Pi
The recipes and math concepts are explained very clearly. Your kids can make tasty treats and learn math in a very practical way that they’ll remember.
This is a great book to use for summer fun that’s educational. It would also be a fun addition to homeschooling curriculum.
WHERE TO BUY – You can purchase the book at a discount Amazon.
PRIZE – The author would like to give Eat Your Math Homework to **3** of you (ARV $16.95)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice!***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do main entry first – post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Fan the Sweeps4Bloggers Facebook Page
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at a giveaway that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Enter the Yoga DVDs giveaway (ends 7/10)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends July 11, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.