Dadgum That’s Good
Kickbutt Recipes for Smoking, Grilling, Frying, Boiling and Steaming
by John McLemore
Pub. date 11/4/10
Description: Since 1973, the McLemore family business, Masterbuilt, has developed cooking products and recipes to make your life simple. Dadgum That’s Good! brings you more than 125 professionally tested smoking, grilling, frying and steaming recipes including 16 of John McLemore’s signature recipes.
This is fun book for those of you who like to read cookbooks and those of you who like to use the recipes you find in cookbooks. The photographs of the dishes are absolutely mouth-watering.
Here are a few of the recipes that caught my eye:
- Lemonade Chicken
- Sweet Corn with Cilantro Chili Butter
- Herbed Tuna Burgers
- Mediterranean Pepper Salad
Most of the recipes are made to be used with Masterbuilt equipment (deep fryer, smoker…). I don’t have any of these and those aren’t my favorite types of foods. Many of those recipes could easily be modified to combine the delicious basic ingredients and cook them by another method that will work well for my tastebuds.
The recipes are written clearly and easy to understand. They also include a “John says” section with each one that has helpful personal comments to go along with the recipe.
This is a fun cookbook for people who do fry and smoke and for those of us who don’t.
WHERE TO BUY – Dadgum That’s Good is available at a discount on Amazon.
RECIPE CONTEST – In addition to the giveaway here on Sweeps4Bloggers, they are having a recipe contest of their own. You can check out the details and official rules.
PRIZE – The publicist would like to give Dadgum That’s Good to 1 of you (ARV $24.95)
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Follow the author on Twitter
* Like the author on Facebook
* Enter the Barista Bath Essentials giveaway (ends 6/9)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends June 10, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by sponsor.