by Tina Fey
Pub. date 4/5/11
Description: Before Liz Lemon, before “Weekend Update,” before “Sarah Palin,” Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.
She has seen both these dreams come true.
At last, Tina Fey’s story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon — from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.
Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we’ve all suspected: you’re no one until someone calls you bossy.
(Includes Special, Never-Before-Solicited Opinions on Breastfeeding, Princesses, Photoshop, the Electoral Process, and Italian Rum Cake!)
This book is hysterical – laugh out loud hysterical!
She has packaged the same kind of humor you get with her comedy routines into book form. It’s the same kind of laughs and happy feelings in a different format.
When the book first arrived, I thought I’d pick it up and read for “just a minute” and then come back to it later. No such luck. I read half the book instead of just a few pages. Her humorous outlook on life is refreshing.
Every time I picked it up, I’d find myself laughing loudly. So … you might want to make sure you don’t read it somewhere that you have to be quiet – or just expect some stares as you try to stifle your giggles.
HOW TO CONNECT – You can follow Little, Brown and Co. on Twitter.
WHERE TO BUY – Bossypants is available at a discount on Amazon.
PRIZE – Hachette Book Group would like to give Bossypants to **2** of you (ARV $26.99)
Here’s what you need to do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice! ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes – add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Follow Little, Brown & Co on Twitter
* Enter the PromGirl giveaway (ends 5/6)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends May 7, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor – One Bossypants prize per household from any Hachette sponsored giveaway.