I love good coffee and I love Fair Trade. When I saw that Doi Chaang Coffee goes ‘beyond Fair Trade’ I had to find out what that means. The Fair Trade Organization sets a recommended fair price in order to be considered Fair Trade. Doi Chaang Coffee decided that they wanted to pay more, so they do. This money goes directly to the farmers.
But that’s not all. The Doi Chaang Coffee Company is a Canadian Company and the beans are roasted in Canada. They thought it would be a good idea for the Thai Farmers to benefit from the company, so they gave a registered 50% share of the company to the farmers. So the Canadians funded the whole company and pay more than a fair price and gave 1/2 of the company to the farmers!
The coffee? Absolutely delicious!
The farmers really know what they are doing and the coffee company is particular about the beans they roast. 60% of the beans quality as Premium Grade A Beans and 5% are Peaberry Beans (my favorite!). While the other 35% of the beans that are grown are not up to the Doi Chaang Coffee Company standards, the farmers can earn extra money when they sell them to other coffee companies who aren’t as particular.
The Peaberry (smaller beans with highly concentrated flavor) and Signature Roast are both fabulous! The flavors are bold and satisfying. This is the kind of coffee that makes me happy just to smell it. The aroma is lovely. And the taste? Amazing!
PRIZE ALERT - Doi Chaang would like to give a coffee gift pack to **2** of you – includes Limited Edition Peaberry Roast and and Signature Roast (ARV $30)
Here’s what you need to do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Comment about Doi Chaang Coffee***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– either add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what is listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like Doi Chaang on Facebook
* Follow Doi Chaang on Twitter
* Enter the How Music Works Giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends December 5, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.