Aren’t these shoes adorable?!?!?!
But, first, did you know that New Balance has been associated with Susan G. Komen for the Cure® since 1989? I knew that they had been a part of this, but had no idea it had been 20 years. A lot of good things have been accomplished and there is still a lot more that needs to be done. I’m happy to see that New Balance is continuing their support.
They have a whole line of Lace Up for the Cure products – shoes, apparel and accessories. It’s all the high quality that you would expect from New Balance and the designs are really cute. Wearing these items can inspire you and the people who see you.
They have a nice selection of shoes available that have been scientifically engineered for performance – each shoe has a different look and different features. They want you and your feet to be comfortable whether you are walking around the grocery store or walking or running in a Race for the Cure event.
The New Balance 993 is the pinkest!
Superior comfort meets classic Lace Up® style with this durable high-mileage trainer. As the newest edition to the legendary 990 series, the 993 features ABZORB® SBS advanced cushioning in the forefoot for responsiveness you can feel for miles. The addition of ABZORB® DTS in the heel plus a full length ABZORB® insert will cushion each step to help you love running even more!
The shoe was instantly comfortable for me and fits true to size. The shoes are available in whole and half sizes and in narrow, medium and wide widths. My foot feels totally supported and very cushioned all over. I tend to get blisters on my heels, but don’t feel any irritation with these shoes. The heel area is extra cushiony and it comes up high enough that it doesn’t cut into the back of my heel when I walk or run.
There are little pink ribbon designs on the sides and tongues of the shoes. Inside is a reminder of their partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The pink color imparts feelings of strength, hope and teamwork.
They do have a limited number of customizable shoes available. You can select your battle cry (Survivor, In Honor of, Running For, Walking for, Lace up!) and add a name to make these shoes truly special.
CHARITY – As a long-time Susan G. Komen for the Cure® partner, New Balance is committed to supporting and raising funds for Komen for the Cure®. In 2010, New Balance will donate 5% of the suggested retail price of sales from the New Balance 2010 Lace Up for the Cure® collection — including footwear, apparel and accessories — to Komen, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000. The Lace Up for the Cure® Collection is available at retail year-round.
DEAL ALERT - Free Shipping on Lace Up for the Cure purchases through 10/31/10 – see site for details.
PRIZE ALERT – New Balance would like to give New Balance 993 Women’s Running Shoes to 1 of you (ARV $140)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about Lace up for the Cure***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or check out one of the giveaways that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments telling me what you did)
* Follow New Balance on Twitter
* Like New Balance on Facebook
* Enter the Pearl Paradise Pink Pearl Necklace giveaway (ends 10/18)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends October 19, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.