About: We have over 600 confections from apple rings to zebra bark. Our expansive selections of nuts are freshly roasted and our dried fruits come from around the world. Our highly trained chocolatiers combined with their experience and our valued recipes have given us world renowned confections such as our own hand made English Toffee as well as our Taffy Apples. Our chocolate confections include miniatures filled with crèmes, barks, dipped glazed fruit, turtles, rocky road bars, and two separate lines of truffles our traditional line and our signature line for the more discriminating pallets. All of our chocolates are available in both a smooth creamy milk chocolate and in a rich semi sweet chocolate. What truly separates us is our commitment to customer service. Our goal is to make your experience a sweet one.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
I thoroughly enjoy looking around the Illinois Nut & Candy site. If you’re near Skokie, IL, you can visit their retail store. The rest of us can order their treats online.
The selection is huge. They have treats to suit a variety of tastes and they have treats for people with specific dietary needs (sugar-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan and more). They want everyone to be able to satisfy their sweet tooth!
Their Taffy Apples are fabulous!
The first thing, I couldn’t help but notice is how huge they are. There is no way I could eat a whole one by myself and I tried. I even tried to call it lunch (fruit + nuts = lunch, right?) and only made it about half way through. These apples are excellent for sharing.
They’ve got lots of fun varieties and each one has a color coded dot by it, so you can know at a glance if it will meet your dietary needs. The apples are beautiful to look at and delicious to eat.
The favorite one that I tried is the Deluxe Mixed Rainbow Snow Cap Taffy Apple. They start with a perfectly shaped crisp green apple. It’s coated in caramel. And then it’s coated in chocolate. And then it’s covered in snow caps – delicious!
The apples are packaged individually in cellophane and tied with a ribbon. I like that they use a wooden stick instead of those paper ones that don’t hold up well.
A single apple would make a nice gift or could be a fun dessert to share.
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about Illinois Nut & Candy***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or check out one of the giveaways that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments telling me what you did)
* Like Illinois Nut on Facebook
* Follow Illinois Nut on Twitter
* Subscribe to the Illinois Nut newsletter
* Enter the Families of Kenya dvd giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends October 31, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.