These little creatures are so much fun!
It looks like a simple toy, but has been scientifically engineered so that it speeds around much like a real bug would. When it runs into a wall or other object, it switches directions. It can even flip over.
The Hexbug Nano is about the size of a toothbrush head. The batteries are included, so when you open up the package all you have to do is slide the switch to on and your Nano vibrates and begins to move. These little guys are speedy!
Watching one of them cracks me up. But I think a whole swarm would be really really fun. Kids can play with them alone or with a homemade track or obstacles. Or you can purchase a Hexbug Habitat or Battle Set – the possibilities are endless.
Nanos are highly collectable and reasonably priced. Each one comes with a special code that your kids (or you…) can use to register it online. You can keep track of your collection and have some fun playing games and learning about science.
Part of their appeal is that they’re small, so they aren’t made for little kids or pets who may choke on them. My cats LOVE watching the Hexbug Nano, but I wouldn’t leave them alone with it. They’re great for kids, tweens, teens and adults who are entertained by little toys.
PRIZE ALERT – Hexbug would like to give a Nano to ***2*** of you (ARV $9.99)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about Hexbug***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Like Hexbug on Facebook
* Follow Hexbug on Twitter
* Subscribe to the Hexbug newsletter
* Enter the Fairy Tales Hair Care giveaway (ends 8/19)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends August 20, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US and Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor. No monetary compensation received.