I live in a charming old home (without modern insulation or air conditioning) that has beautiful views through the large picture windows (that soak up the sun and turn the house into a sauna).
Over the years I have tried many large and small fans to cool my home. It’s difficult to have a conversation or even think clearly when a loud fan is on. And they typically only feel cool when you’re right in front of it, while the rest of the room is still hot and stuffy.
When I heard about the QuietSet™ Tower Fan, I was excited to give it a try.
The fan is about 12″ wide at the base and 39″ tall. It only took a couple minutes for my son to snap it together and get it going after opening the box. It’s narrow and compact design looks great in any room of my house. It can tuck into a corner when not in use and it’s easy to use the handle to move the lightweight fan to where it’s needed.
I was amazed at how quickly it cooled my home! The advertising says that it’s for medium or large rooms. The first place we tried it was in our large living room. Even on the lowest of the 5 settings, the entire room was cooled down in moments and the cool was creeping into the bedrooms and kitchen. No need to fight over who gets to sit directly in front of the fan – the whole room is comfortable.
The controls on the fan are easy to use. It can be set to stay in one place or rotate the cool around the room. It has a timer for automatic shut off. And … there’s a remote control so that I can turn it on or adjust the settings from the comfort of my sofa.
This is so much quieter than the other fans I’ve used. When it’s on one of the lower settings, I hardly even notice it. The White Noise setting is great for helping me tune out other noisy distractions. Even at the highest setting, it’s still quiet enough that conversations aren’t disrupted.
All in all, the QuietSet™ Tower Fan is a great choice for my family. It’s quiet, works well, looks great and is reasonably priced.
WHERE TO BUY – Honeywell products can be purchased online at Kaz and at Target and Best Buy retail stores.
PRIZE ALERT – Honeywell would like to give a QuietSet™ 5 Speed Whole Room Tower Fan to 1 of you (ARV $49.99)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about Honeywell or why you need this fan***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out my new site - Giveaways4Prizes – and either add one of your giveaways to a linky or check out one of the giveaways that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments telling me what you did)
* Enter the Learning Resources Science Set giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends August 29, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor. No monetary compensation received.