About: Samsung’s external SE-S084C DVD writer is PC- and Mac-friendly. The “C” model is a slim, portable writer designed to meet the needs of mini-notebook and netbook owners (especially those that like to watch movies). It weighs less than one pound and offers high-speed, reliable performance with minimal vibration and noise.
Disclaimer – I am not a tech expert. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Those of you who are more techy will appreciate the numbers and big words in Samsung’s product description that really don’t mean much to me even though I’m sure they would be important to someone else.
When I heard about the Slim External DVD Writer, I did what I always do…. asked my tech-minded teen what it was and if it would be useful. When he explained it to me, the wheels started turning. Yes, this is something that is very practical even for non-techy people.
It’s basically an extra disc drive that you can plug into your Mac or PC with a USB cable. (Yes, it works with Macs and PCs!) It can read and write DVDs and CDs. It can be useful for people who need another disc drive or one with more capabilities and it can be useful for people who don’t have a disc drive.
My MacBook only has one disc drive. I can plug in the Samsung and have the benefits of an extra drive that’s nice and speedy.
The disc drive on my teen’s old laptop often jams. He can plug this in for reliable disc use.
And …. netbook users? This is ideal for you. It will greatly expand the amount of work you can do and fun you can have with your netbook.
It’s very slim and lightweight – easy to carry in a laptop/netbook bag. No power cord or adapter is needed, just the included USB cable. And …
It’s VERY user friendly. I could have had it up and running without teenage assistance. ;)
I’m sure there are many kids out there who would have no problem using it to watch a dvd on mom or dad’s netbook!
PRIZE ALERT – Samsung would like to give a SE-S084 Slim External DVD Writer to 1 of you (ARV $65)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
Extra Credit Entries: (must do main entry first- post a separate comment for each extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post the NEW Sweeps4Bloggers button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Like Samsung USA Tech on Facebook
* Follow SamsungSemiUS on Twitter
* Enter the Softlips giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends on August 5, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.